Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Kielbasa and Double Yoi

When I think of beer, I think of Football. Maybe it could be the copious amounts of beer that I drink when I watch football, or maybe it's the copious amounts I want to drink after I play. Either way, they are tied together. Because we are both from Western PA, football means the Stillers. Today, the Stillers and Pittsburgh as a whole lost a great part of our tradition. We here at Muckney Brewing would be remiss if we didn't acknowledge the passing of Myron Cope today. Growing up, my dad always used to listen to the radio broadcast of the game while watching the game on TV. Myron was the voice of the Steelers. I guess that makes Myron Cope the embodiment of football through the transitive property. If I drank malt liquor, I would pour one out for my homey. In fact, tomorrow I will most likely purchase a 40 of Iron City and do just that. Lets all take a moment to remember how truly awesome he was. I'm sure he would want you all to drink a beer in his memory.

No comments: