Monday, June 30, 2008

Leaky Faucet Pale Ale



As I sit here enjoying the Bam Biere from Jolly Pumpkin pictured to the right, I thought I'd throw out a quick update on the Leaky Faucet. It's sitting at about 1.021 as of this evening, still fermenting away, and tasting outstandingly bitter and mighty hoppy. As of now it's a bit lacking in balancing maltiness, but it could appear once it's carbonated.

And how did we get the name? Well, when brewing, sometimes the beer takes over. Not so much what you're brewing, but what you're drinking (Please refer to the most recent Fermentation Friday post below). While chilling this Pale Ale, I walked away for a moment while filling the sink - with the brew kettle in it. Justin found it one gallon of tap water later about to overflow, hence Justin coming up with Leaky Faucet Pale Ale (MB0019). Yup, I'm a dumbass.

Cheers,

Dave

No comments: