Tuesday, June 24, 2008

HFCITBFA


This is how I would text someone to describe Kuhnhenn Raspberry Eisbock. Holy freakin' crap is this beer freakin' amazing. (Freakin's are added to make our beer site family friendly.) The only way I can describe it is that it has all the best characteristics of a great beer married with all of the characteristics of a great port. Check my rating, if you would like. This beer has tons of chocolate, raspberries, caramel, alcohol, fruit, and everything else that gets me a little soggy. The depth and complexity of flavor is pretty much indescribable. My only complaint is that it only comes in a 6.5 oz bottle and that I can't get it at my neighborhood bottle shop. If you are a fan of beer, wine, or any other thing that makes you truly appreciate the heights of human achievement, find a bottle of this stuff. Beg, borrow, kill, steal, mame, riverdance... whatever you have to do. I really wish that I had more bottles so I could age a few. I'm sure a couple years would do wonders. However, I am impatient and had a desire for instant gratification last night.

I would like to apologize that it has been so long since I have posted, but I've been busy and most of my posts aren't related to brewing since Dave has all the specifics about our beers written down in his little notebook. Muckney Brewing exists out of his kitchen since the rules committee of my household has deemed my apartment / kitchen too small. (Rules for Living With Jess Sec. 12.4 Article 15 pg. 4) I would like to give a shout to the Bearded Brewer for all of his kind words about our brews and assure him that we will be providing full ratings of his very soon. I especially appreciated that he didn't say the Dark and Mysterious was outright gross, which some people have implied. Dave and I both know that we were about 10 sticks beyond too much cinnamon. There is a lot to be said about not conducting an Imperial Stout tasting while brewing at 9 in the morning. We live and learn. I'm looking forward to the *REAL* Missionary Position as I envisioned it. It should be as big and bad as the first, seeing as how the lock was bubbling after about a half an hour.

Banzai,
Justin

No comments: