Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy FREAKIN' Turkey Day!. Well, tomorrow that is. But alas, as we do every year, the wife, New Addition, and myself must make the trek north to the in-laws, so I will be without internet access. Therefore, I thought I'd do my T-giving update this morning.

Now this isn't going to be a big parade of "What I'm Thankful For" BS. Trust me, I have a big list of jolly thankfulness, but I believe that stuff to be personal and not ment to be spewed out to make you "look good" on the internet.

Finally back on the subject of beer, tomorrow is the unveiling of th Autumnal version of MBs Dark August Dunkelweizen. Being the first brew to be duplicated by Muckney Brewing, the second go-round of Dark August is, IMHO, far superior to the first. The long and short of it is that there was A) no boilover, B) better utilization of the specialty grains thanks to the use of the pre-crushing service from Grape and Granary, and C) no secondary fermentation. All of this put together helped this run to be fuller in body, with a stronger yeast profile that's been nicely accented with a roasty/coffee undertone from the chocolate malt. And all that came from a sample that was bottle conditioned for two weeks.

At any rate, the Dark August "tapping", if you will, will take place at my family's Turkey-Day celebration. I'm looking forward to the feedback.

And to you and yours, have a safe and happy Thanksgiving.

Cheers,

Dave

No comments: