Saturday, January 31, 2009

Fermentation Friday: What does 2009 hold for Muckney Brewing

Fermentation Friday was started by Adam over at Beer Bits 2, and it’s a chance for all homebrew bloggers to sound off on a singular theme at a set date - the last Friday of each month (check out Adam’s post explaining the origins).

This month: Brew Year's Resolutions, hosted by Jim at lootcrop 3.0.


I held off on posting my "Brew Year's Resolutions" at the beginning of the month because of the topic of this month's Fermentation Friday, of which I've been lax at best in participation. Without further adieu, here are my goals for MB over the next year.

Personally:
  • Read more about beer in general. From brewing, to recipe formulation, to styles and tasting, I want to learn all that I can. I feel that I've gotten comfortable with my basic knowledge and have been lazy about learning new things. I hope to remedy that.
  • Get a little more serious about chasing the Pipe Dream of opening a Brewery/Brewpub. There's plenty I don't know about the business aspect, and even more about production brewing. Plus there's this little thing called "funding", for which you need a "business plan". All of them are huge undertakings, but you have to start somewhere.

Brewing:
  • Go All-grain. I said I'd do it last year, but didn't. This year, no excuses.
  • Brew more often. I want to have at least one brew day per month, preferably with multiple brews on those days.
Blogging:
  • Blog more often. Not only more often, but streamline my thoughts a bit and do a better job of following up with previous brews. Plus, sometimes I'm a bit short with some of my posts and ideas. I hope to remedy all of this.
  • Take part every Fermentation Friday.
That's it, the quick and dirty. We'll see what pans out a year from now.

Cheers,

Dave

1 comment:

Dave said...

I'm with you. Just as soon as I get a few more extract batches under my belt then I'm going to try an all-grain batch. Seems straight forward but difficult to master I suppose. I finally got back into homebrewing right after the New Year and am eagerly awaiting for my bottles to carbonate and crack open my 1st homebrew in over 10 years.

Here's to a great brew year!