Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Finishing up Western NY

So, sorry for the delay. It's been a busy week/weekend, with the PSU game and all, which has precluded me from blogging about the end of last week. Fasten your seat belts, this is gonna be quick one!

Wednesday found me at the Buffalo Brewpub in Williamsville, NY for dinner. This brewpub was surprisingly packed with lots of regulars, and featured about a half dozen house brews on tap, along with a rather extensive (for a brewpub, anyway) guest tap list. I tasted their Oktoberfest and then capped the evening with a Southern Tier IPA. The food was adequate, nothing special, but was done well. If you're in the area, swing by. The place seems like it could be good times.

On the way home Friday, I was able to swing into Beers of the World in Rochester. Huge store, all beer and home brew supplies, pretty decent selection, but nothing really crazy rare, at least that I could see. If you want it, though, 9 chances out of 10 they have it. Then on the way home I made a quick stop in Hammondsport, NY just off of Lake Keuka for lunch at the Village Tavern Inn. I stopped here on the recommendations of Nate. This small town bar boasts a huge beer and wine selection and some pretty decent food. Seems like it would be a fun little place in a town centrally located in NY wine country. It seems like a great place for a weekend getaway. I'm looking forward to finding out.

On the home brew front - we need to get some Red Ales in secondary. It'll happen this week.

Cheers,

Dave

No comments: