Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Work, Marzoni's and Bottling

So a delivery for work today took me to Marzoni's to meet Dan from Heister House. Had to drop off some product, and we decided to grab some lunch. I figured this be a proper place to meet. Plus, I could get a couple of growlers to go . . . which I did. I procured an Avalance IPA and Marzoni's Seasonal Hefeweizen. I figured, what the hell. I have to bottle my Dark August Dunkelweizen tonight for the upcoming Thanksgiving Celebration. This was take II for the DADW, the first being wrought with troubles, the least of which being a boilover and a bit too much water in the primary, making for a pretty watery dunkelweizen, plus I didn't get a good steep with my chocolate malt due to lack of a crushing mechanism (rolling pins suck).

So this go-around I ordered my grains/extract from Grape and Granary pre-crushed, giving me a better steep, better color, and a friggin' awesomely better flavor. This batch is so much better than the first, and it's not carbed up yet. We shall see soon enough.

And on a side note, the Hefe's gone. Gotta love it.

Out - Dave

No comments: