Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Brew Day at Last

So, I didn't brew over the weekend. It took until the following Thursday for me to mash in. I settled on making a Mild Ale (MB0030) for a couple of reasons. One, I was doing a stove top batch and needed something relatively low gravity, and two, so it would be ready for my 30th birthday party thins weekend (kegged, obviously). So I took a simple malt and hop bill, boiled in two separate pots, cooled the wort and pitched the English ale yeast. It sits in my basement waiting to be kegged as you read this.

Speaking of, tasting party on Saturday for my 30th. I'll be sure to report on it. It's titled "30 Beers for 30 Years". Should be a good time. Both Beer Geeks and non-geeks will be in attendance, so the beer list is vast, some gems, some BMC, and a lot in between. Food, folks, and fermented wort. does it get any better?

More to come.

Cheers,

Dave

1 comment:

Gites Dordogne said...

Hi you are doing a great job. I found it on your page its really amazing. Thanks for sharing such a valuable information. I am sure that these are your own views. I hear exactly what you’re saying and I’m so happy that I came across your blog. Thus, you made me feel like I should learn more about this. I’m officially a huge fan of your blog.